We've got your back!
While you’re working hard to make your real estate business a success, our advocacy team is watching out for your interests — at the State Capitol in Springfield and in your local community.
Most of what we do is STOP bad bills and local ordinances that add fees, taxes and red tape to the real estate transaction.
If we can elect pro-REALTOR® candidates and stop bad policy affecting real estate at the LOCAL level, we are better prepared to defend our issues at the STATE and FEDERAL levels.
Together with our REALTOR® PAC (RPAC) , we have a strong voice in government and a winning track record of protecting REALTOR® interests.
12 Quick-Hit Member Resources
- Free forms including radon disclosure and Residential Real Property Disclosure
- Legal Hotline and free legal webinars
- Career counseling for your post-license and continuing education questions
- CE LookUp
- Consumer brochures to give your clients including “Understanding Property Taxes in Illinois” and the state law requiring carbon monoxide detectors in the home (RVOICE)
- Ombudsman Program for consumer-member and member-to-member dispute resolution, solving transaction issues before they escalate to ethics hearings or formal complaints to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR)
- Illinois housing market statistics and forecast by University of Illinois economists
- Monthly housing market “Faststats” (median price, sales) by county
- Lobbyists at the State Capitol and throughout the state watching out for your business when bad bills or local ordinances are proposed
- A very effective, bipartisan REALTOR® PAC (RPAC)
- Real Property Alliance REALTORS® connecting with Illinois consumers to protect the real estate industry
- Complimentary Inman Select real estate news subscription , in partnership with MRED
Your REALTOR® Family
When you become a REALTOR®, you join a network of local REALTOR® association leaders, the 44,000-member strong Illinois REALTORS® state association, and more than 1.1 million members of the National Association of REALTORS®.
Events and Education