2013 Editorial Calendar
While the overall emphasis of each issue will be maintained, Illinois REALTOR® reserves the right to alter the mix of articles to reflect current topics of interest to our members.
January - New Year Toolkit Issue
Ad Closing: Nov. 8 | Materials Due: Nov. 15
- Getting ready for 2013: Practical advice to help REALTORS® sell more.
- Helping buyers through the confusing (and often maddening) process of getting the financing.
- Email overload and how to handle it in the new year.
- Meet Michael D. Oldenettel, 2013 IAR president.
- Commercial Corner column: Outlook for 2013 from the commercial REALTOR® sector.
April - The Open House Issue
Ad Closing: Feb. 1 | Materials Due: Feb. 15
- Getting ready to stage the perfect open house, an article that runs in conjunction with the Nationwide Open House weekend, April 20-21.
- A review of Illinois state financing programs, from aid to those buying for the first time to veterans entering the market.
- What you need to know about appraisals.
- IAR Spring Conference preview
July - Professionalism Issue
Ad Closing: May 1 | Materials Due: May 15
- Image is everything, and the issue will feature tips on how to come across as a trustworthy, professional source of market information.
- 100 years of ethics: Celebrating a century of the NAR Code of Ethics. How this sets REALTORS® apart and what it means in today’s business world.
- Social Media and protecting your online reputation.
- A Fall Conference preview.
October - The Niche Issue
Ad Closing: Aug. 1 | Materials Due: Aug. 15
- How REALTORS® have specialized to tap into market segments.
- Multigenerational housing: Specializing in home sales that take into account this emerging demographic dynamic.
- Green Focus: REALTORS® who make sustainable living a part of their business, from residential to commercial.
- Farmland: Stratospheric pricing has made this a hot sector.
- What's Online
- Quick Takes
- President’s Message
- Legal Update
- From The Capitol
- Market Watch
- Tech Trends
- REALTOR® Community
NOTE: Editorial calendar subject to change
Illinois REALTOR® magazine is published four times a year for the Illinois Association of REALTORS®’ 41,000 members.
Illinois REALTOR® magazine provides practical business ideas and tips, informed legal and legislative analysis specifically of interest to Illinois REALTORS®.
Advertising Contact: Lyndee Fein,
For editorial questions or reprint requests, contact: Jon Broadbooks,