Illinois REALTORS® Objectives
Illinois REALTORS® is dedicated to the protection and preservation of the free enterprise system and the right of the individual to own real property.
The objectives of the association remain:
- To establish and maintain high standards of ethical conduct among its members and those affiliated with them by requiring compliance with the REALTORS® Code of Ethics (pdf) and the Code of Equal Opportunity of the National Association of REALTORS®;
- To promote and foster educational programs that increase the professional competence of those participating;
- To further the interest of real property ownership and to provide a medium for real estate owners and those engaged in real estate business for the advancement of their mutual interests;
- To recommend and promote legislation and legislative activity which will safeguard and advance the interest of real property ownership;
- To designate for the benefit of the public those individuals authorized to use the term REALTOR® or REALTOR®-ASSOCIATE and to promote the public understanding of this designation;
- To assist in the enforcement and improvement of the Illinois statutes for the licensure of real estate brokers and salesmen which will act to preserve professional and ethical standards in real estate transactions; and
- To assist in the development and organization of local boards or associations of REALTORS® and to encourage a mutually beneficial affiliation and exchange with the association and the National Association of REALTORS®.